- Our profile on Facebook Link opens new window
- Our profile on Twitter Link opens new window
- Our profile on Youtube Link opens new window
- Our profile on Instagram Link opens new window
Frequently asked questions
All city offices in Warsaw are open Monday to Friday between: 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Institutions which provide services to residents:
District Offices (18 offices) - you can file an application for temporary or permanence residence registration, or make a municipal housing tenancy agreement here.
Civil Registry Office - you can register the birth of your child here, or file documents necessary for your marriage, or arrange any other matters related to the change of marital status.
Social Welfare Centre - you can obtain support here if you are in a difficult living situation. Persons who do not have enough resources to provide for themselves or their families are entitled to social welfare benefits, including both cash and non-pecuniary benefits (e.g. a guaranteed place at a night shelter, immediate support in the form of a warm meal, or necessary clothing).
Tax Office – an institution responsible for tax settlements. This where you need to come by 30 April each year to file your annual tax return, unless you settle your taxes online. Each Warsaw district has its own Tax Office.
Mazowieckie Province Governor's Office in Warsaw
Foreigner Affairs Department (udsc.gov.pl) - ul. Marszałkowska 3/5, 00-624 Warszawa
The Foreigner Affairs Department issues temporary and permanent stay permits, and work permits. It handles matters in the sphere of repatriation and decisions on the deportation from the territory of Poland.
Citizenship & Repatriation Division - pl. Bankowy 3/5, 00-950 Warszawa
Work Permit Division - pl. Bankowy 3/5, 00-950 Warszawa
If your register your residence address for a stay of more than 30 days, you will be automatically assigned the polish national identification number (PESEL). With this number, you will have access to most services provided by the polish administration, and enjoy most of the rights under polish civil law.
Remember to register your residence address:
• within 30 days of your arrival in the place of temporary stay in Poland – if you intend to stay in Poland more than 3 months and are a citizen of an EU Member State, or a member of the family of such a foreign citizen;
• within 4 days of your arrival in the place of temporary stay in Poland – if you intend to stay in Poland more than 30 days and do not belong to the above-mentioned group.
To register your residence address, you need to go to your District’s local office of the Administration & Civil Affairs Department.
WOM addresses at district offices:
• Bemowo: bemowo.um.warszawa.pl, ul. Powstańców Śląskich 70, phone 22 443 76 44
• Białołęka: bialoleka.um.warszawa.pl, ul. Modlińska 197, phone 22 443 84 00
• Bielany: bielany.um.warszawa.pl, ul. S. Żeromskiego 29, phone 22 443 47 00
• Mokotów: mokotow.um.warszawa.pl, ul. Rakowiecka 25/27, phone 22 443 65 00, 22 443 65 01
ul. Wiktorska 91a, phone 22 443 65 02, 22 443 65 03
• Ochota: ochota.um.warszawa.pl, ul. Grójecka 17a, phone 22 578 35 00
• Praga-Południe: pragapld.um.warszawa.pl, ul. Grochowska 274, phone 22 443 51 57
• Praga-Północ: pragapn.um.warszawa.pl, ul. ks. I. Kłopotowskiego 15, phone 22 443 79 00
• Rembertów: rembertow.um.warszawa.pl, al. gen. A. Chruściela „Montera″ 28, phone 22 443 38 89
• Śródmieście: srodmiescie.um.warszawa.pl, ul. Nowogrodzka 43, phone 22 443 91 00, 22 443 91 07
• Targówek: targowek.um.warszawa.pl, ul. L. Kondratowicza 20, phone 22 443 87 27
• Ursus: ursus.um.warszawa.pl, pl. Czerwca 1976 r. nr 1, phone 22 443 60 00
• Ursynów: ursynow.um.warszawa.pl, al. Komisji Edukacji Narodowej 61, phone 22 443 71 00, 22 443 72 00
• Wawer: wawer.um.warszawa.pl, ul. Grochowska 1, phone 22 443 70 00
• Wesoła: wesola.um.warszawa.pl, ul. W. Raczkiewicza 33, phone 22 443 40 00
• Wilanów: wilanow.um.warszawa.pl, ul. F. Klimczaka 2, phone 22 443 50 69
• Włochy: wlochy.um.warszawa.pl, al. Krakowska 257, phone 22 443 44 44
• Wola: wola.um.warszawa.pl, al. Solidarności 90, phone 22 443 58 00
• Żoliborz: zoliborz.um.warszawa.pl, ul. J. Słowackiego 6/8, phone 22 443 90 00
Foreign civil-status certificates (birth, marriage, death certificates) can be transferred to the Civil-Status Register at the Warsaw Registrar's Office (the Civil-Status Register of the Foreign Affairs Section, ul. Tytusa Chałubińskiego 8). In addition to submitting your required application, you can pay there stamp duty for the transcript of your foreign civil-status certificate. Stamp duty can also be prepaid by bank transfer to the City of Warsaw’s bank account.
Foreigners can register their vehicles at the Administration & Civil Affairs Department at ul. Leona Kruczkowskiego 2, phone 22 443 29 00.
Civil Registry Offices are located in every district in Warsaw (address list below). This is where you need to go to register the birth of your child, or file documents necessary for your marriage, or arrange any other matters related to the change of marital status. All Civil Registry Offices in the City of Warsaw are open on Mondays (8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) and Tuesdays to Friday (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
For a list of Civil Registry Offices, go to https://um.warszawa.pl/waw/usc/-/siedziby-usc
Refugees, persons who have been granted a tolerated stay permit, subsidiary or temporary protection, can register as unemployed here.
- ul. Grochowska 171B
This office provides services to persons living i: Praga Płd, Praga Płn, Targówek, Białołęka, Rembertów, Wawer and Wesoła Districts. The County Employment Office in Warsaw is open from Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., and clients are served until 3:00 p.m.
- ul. Ciołka 10A
This office provides services to persons living in Mokotów, Śródmieście, Ochota, Wola, Żoliborz, Bemowo, Bielany, Ursus, Ursynów, Wilanów, Włochy Districts, and persons with disabilities from all city districts. This Office also houses a Career Information and Planning Centre, where career guidance is provided to adults.
- ul. Grochowska 171B
This where you need to come by 30 April each year to complete and file your annual tax return, unless you settle your taxes online. Each Warsaw district has its own Tax Office. For a list of Tax Offices, go to https://warszawa19115.pl/-/wykaz-urzedow-skarbowych