The City of Warsaw actively participates in the process of repatriation of Poles from the area of the former Soviet Union, providing assistance in their permanent settlement in Poland.
Each year a maximum of 10 repatriate families are invited. The invited families are given a flat from the municipal housing resources, and financial support for settling in and current living expenses for 24 months.
In addition to the financial support and housing, the City also provides assistance related to the assimilation of the repatriate families.
Moreover, the City of Warsaw provides support entailing:
- the payment of financial benefits pursuant to the decision issued by the Government Representative for Repatriation Affairs,
- the refund of a part of costs incurred by the repatriates for renovation, conversion, or furnishing of a housing unit,
- the refund of a part of costs incurred by the repatriates for increasing their professional qualifications,
- the refund of a part of costs incurred by employers entrusting work to repatriates,
- the conduct of renovation or conversion works, or furnishing housing units provided to repatriates.