Next year the Grochowski Hospital will admit patients in modernised wards in pavilion V. After renovation, Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz, the Mayor of Warsaw, opened the oncology, oncological and general surgery, and neurorehabilitation wards.
“As shown by incidence analyses, neoplastic diseases unfortunately still pose a substantial threat to the lives and health of Varsovians. This is why particular attention should be paid to the newly established Chemotherapy Ward,” said Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz, Mayor of Warsaw. “The Grochowski Hospital treats more than 23,000 patients a year, and more than 12,000 patients use the services of the emergency room. It is an important healthcare unit, not only for this part of the capital, but also for the whole of Warsaw. That is why we spared no money to modernise and retrofit this hospital built in 1957 with cutting-edge equipment,” she added.
The Grochowski Hospital located on Grenadierów Street has been gradually redecorated and extended since 2008, using the funds of Warsaw local government. A total of PLN 90 million in the Warsaw budget was allocated for this purpose.
As a result of the modernisation, extension of and addition of storeys to pavilion V, with an area of approx. 2,657.6 m² on 3 floors, the following facilities were prepared:
- a hospital outpatient clinic with 14 specialist surgeries,
- a 29-bed Oncology and Oncological Surgery Ward,
- a 20-bed Neurorehabilitation Ward,
- a Chemotherapy Ward (in the added storey), including:
10 chemotherapy day units,
7 inpatient chemotherapy beds,
- medical record storage including cloakrooms – basement,
- a technical attic
The wards were equipped with medical and office equipment.
The total amount spent on the modernisation and of extension of and addition of storeys to pavilion V amounted to PLN 17,218,693 and was covered in full from the budget of the City of Warsaw.